Best Rugs For Pets
We all adore our pets and cherish them just like a family member. Despite the fact that our pets fill up a great deal of space in our homes and hearts, some of our interior decor elements, particularly rugs, may not be pet-friendly. Scratching, filth, and fur shedding are all likely to cause damage to rugs in your living space, regardless of which pet you have, a dog, a cat, or even a rabbit. Does that mean you will never be able to incorporate beautiful rugs in your home décor? The answer is No, you don't have to rule out the possibility of displaying lavish carpeting in your living room. Thus we're here to assist you in finding the highest-quality pet-friendly rugs for your house.
As you search for pet-friendly rugs, there are few types of rugs that you should avoid or at least think long before investing in
- High Pile Rugs: Though high pile rugs are the most comfortable underfoot, they tend to accumulate dirt easily. These rugs are difficult to clean and maintain.
- Jute Rugs: Rugs and carpets made from jute material are known for their durability and affordability. However, these rugs are dirt magnets and are difficult to clean, which makes them not-so-pet friendly.
- Shag Rugs: Homeowners who prefer modern style home decor love incorporating shaggy rugs in Melbourne. They are soft, fluffy, and super comfortable underfoot. However, its strings easily catch lot many types of particles that are difficult to clean later on. Additionally, in high foot traffic areas these rugs easily get matted down losing their softness.
- Silk Rugs: Silk rugs have a sumptuous feel to them and are fantastic choices for creating a premium atmosphere in your home. Also, these rugs are expensive. However, their design renders them unsuitable for high foot traffic areas.
- Wool Rugs: They can look great but not so good for cleaning as the material is absorbent. Shedding could occur if the pet scratches the rug with its paw.
Now let us take you through types of rugs that are suitable for pets.
Selecting a Rug with The Right Material
- Washable Rugs: Washable rugs are best for everyday use if you have kids and pets in the house. In presence of pets, rugs will inevitably get damaged and are likely to accumulate a lot of outside dirt. However, it is possible to clean washable rugs every couple of weeks. These rugs come in a lot of designs that are both modern and stylish, yet are extremely functional. Additionally, you can easily find washable kids rugs in Melbourne that are pet friendly too.
- Synthetic Rugs: Synthetic rugs are often made of nylon, polyester, or polypropylene materials. These materials are well-known for their durability and strength. Furthermore, they are comfortable underfoot and easy to clean. Synthetic rugs come in a wide range of colours, designs, and patterns. These qualities make them suitable for a wide range of applications. Because they are quite inexpensive, you can readily replace them if you get tired of the same old rug.
Selecting The Right Color, Pattern, etc.
Color tones play an important role in creating room ambiance. However, if you think about the functionality aspect, dark-colored rugs are often a practical choice for pet owners. Rugs with dark color shades are chosen for obvious reasons as they easily hide stains and dirt marks. Moreover, it is recommended that pet owners must choose rug colors that are the same shade as their pet’s fur.
Apart from using different color combinations, you can experiment with various design patterns. Patterns also help in camouflaging pet stains. However, make sure to use rugs with more intricate patterns and avoid using solid-colored rugs. Rugs that have patterns with shades of a single color are one of the best alternatives for pet homes. Moreover, if you are looking for quality rugs with cheaper prices, you can easily find them in any rug sales in Melbourne
Select An Outdoor Rug
Outdoor rugs are specifically made for withstanding harsh conditions and can sustain vigorous cleaning. Thus they can be a great alternative for homes with pets. A quality outdoor rug will last much longer than an indoor rug while your pets are around.
So these were some great recommendations for pet-friendly rugs. The key is to choose rugs that are easy to clean and still look great in your home. Speak with Sales people to recommend the correct rug for your need.